As most of you know, Steven and I just drove back to Florida from Arizona but on the way here, he asked if we could stop by his friend Alex’s place for the night so we did. I’m sure some of you have seen the photo of his friend and I:
This friendly giant and his mother are two of the friendliest people I know of. His mother is disabled, so she doesn’t work and Alex is unemployed because he has to stay home and take care of his mother. They don’t have a lot of money, well in all honesty — they don’t have much money at all but they were generous enough to open up their home to us and my dog and told us to make ourselves feel at home and help ourselves to anything we wanted. I returned my gratitude towards them by buying them some groceries & lunch and they were so overwhelmed from joy because they really appreciated the help — even if it was small. Alex has gone through a lot the past couple of years and he is still one of the most humble and modest man alive so I want all of you to please either reblog this or go vote for him in this sweepstake for him to have something new to sleep on, here is his description for why he wants to win:
“Hi, my name is Alex.. I’m around 6’8.. I’m living with my mother who is disabled and she has the only bed in our house.. I am living Conway, Arkansas. I had to leave college because she needed me. I have been sleeping on couches for around 6 years.. because of my height. it’s hard to find a bed that fits me haha. This couch doesn’t fit, but I can bend my knees and be ok for the time being. I have a lot of back aches, but its ok. As long as my mother is happy and okay. Im 22 years old. I have an old Sony TV that weighs about 300 lbs and is only 40 inches big.. but the screen tears around the edges and the color is going. I’ve had couch woes for a long time, and would love the opportunity to be a part of your Cool My Couch contest. Thank you for your consideration. byebye, Alex.”
This contest does not benefit me at all, I am just trying to help him out because I know he deserves some luck in his life so if all of you could just take a few seconds out of your day and go to the link below and vote for him, it would mean a lot to me! Thank you so much if you do -
HEY MY 7,000 FOLLOWERS HELP HIM OUT!~
It deleted all my numbers with the eception on the one labled ‘erica’, …..
those of you who have my number give me a text with your name.
and Hayley, I have the cuffs done. I only broke one needle to do it!
Oh god it’s wet and rainy and I’m too lazy to take a decent photo hahaha
It’s my 100 Follower Giveaway!!!
This time I’ll be giving away this noodle bowl, and you get to choose the glaze! For ideas on what colors are available, check out my work
What you should do:
- Follow me! Because really, how else are you going to know how you won? Constantly come back to my blog? How annoying!
- Reblog this! So I know you’re interested. Everyone’s only getting the one entry, so don’t feel the need to spam your followers with tons of reblogs of this thing.
- That’s it! I’ll announce the winner…. Monday? Tuesday maybe? I dunno I’ll be working all weekend and will probably be very tired.
- Good luck! If I had ALL THE MONIES, I would just shower all of you wonderful followers with gifts. But until I become part of the 1%, this is all I can do. Just know that I really appreciate you guys. Really.
reblog if u were on tumblr before yahoo bought it
IT’S LITERALLY BEEN LIKE A DAY AND WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TRYING TO ACHIEVE WITH THIS POST
only a true tumblrite would understand. you just outed yourself as a yahooligan
*Nina’s “I can’t believe I have this many followers” Giveaway!*
Here’s a giveaway for recently hitting a crazy amount of followers I didn’t even know could ~want to follow me. I’m like annoying 58% of the time and this is my way of thanking you all for putting up with me!
So the prize is obviously this awesome merlin series 1-4 DVD boxset. I’ll ship the prize anywhere around the world, as long as you’re conformable with giving me your information. Depending on if anyone cares for this, I’ll make an update on when the giveaway will end. For now, let’s say June, 1st.
Some rules to enter:
- reblog this post (as many times as you wish), each reblog is 1 entry.
- you don’t have to be following me but I’m like extremely amazing your loss tbh
- have your askbox open, let’s be real i need to contact you bro
How to increase your chances of winning! Do one or both of the following and I’ll enter your name 10x in the raffle:
- Follow me, (but if you unfollow me right away you’re out bro)
- I’ve recently started a fundraiser for my nephew, if you’d like to donate (anonymous or not) leave your tumblr username in the comments part.
- reblog this post and SUBMIT the link of your reblog to me
questions/comments: my ask is always open.
I also have a spn giveaway for anyone interested:)
- The closest I could find on Amazon to the watercolour set I use is the Sakura brand of Koi Assorted WaterColours Field Set.
- Just use any old toothbrush. I used to use the ones that my dentist would give me after a visit, just because those were kind of cheap and I wouldn’t actually use them anyways.
- I use acrylic for flicking and highlights because watercolour-whites tend to fade when they dry.
- Also, remember to keep your hands clean, because nothing’s worse than smudging graphite into your watercolours and then unable to get it out.
- Try to avoid black and white when possible. They tend to dull the colours and it loses that watercolouring lustre.
Since I started watercolouring again for my daily sketches, I’ve gotten a lot of asks/dA notes on if I could give a tutorial on watercolouring and also more specific questions that overlapped each other, so I decided to do a semi guide/tips/answering thing.
I actually started watercolouring before I went into digital medium, so I have a bit of personal experience, but I am essentially self-taught when it comes to watercolouring since there weren’t a lot of watercolour tutorials online back then to begin with, so I cannot promise that these are the absolute correct way of doing things.
Hope it helps anyways :)